Saturday 27 December 2014

160 Days Until Trip

Christmas Spin To Hook Head Lighthouse

Today I cycled with the my club The Biscuit Cycling Club (found on Face Book) on our after Christmas spin to Hook Head lighthouse. It was great to see 50 of us turn up.

Was a lovely fresh day for a spin....cold but lovely. The excess of the last few days, ok weeks.......oh alright months  took their toll on me climbing up hill outside Arthurstown, but I did it anyway.  The thing is for the next few months’ there is going to be no easy way....I just have to do the miles. Like everything, the ground work has to be done first.




Now how do you know you’ve over done it with bad diet and underdone it with exercise......I tell you how.....when one of your cycling buddies returns after major heart surgery and passes you out on a mountain/hill/speed bump....ok slight drag. Yup there I am in my low gears, when he passes me by with his legs spinning like mad. But what they didn’t know is I was leaving him pass me just so he could feel better.......I wish :p


Diet wise I wasn’t too bad today but I do plan to go out in style tomorrow night before I start in to training proper tomorrow.

That's it for now, keep smiling :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment