Tuesday 30 December 2014

157 Days Until Trip - Day 2 of Training / Diet

Tuesday 30th December 2014

Got through day 1 without any damage and day two so far is ok.

The 30 Days of Change plan for today is 

  





































but before I even thought about this I had an extra club cycle to do. 

This morning was a lot milder than late and fine but we soon discovered it was quiet windy out.

19 members turned up and we headed from our meeting point in Supervalu up to Carrick-on-Suir via Mooncoin where we stopped for tea/coffee. Now here I learned where my friends were....some had "double" chocolate muffins......oh yeah...friends :-)

I opted for nothing but in hindsight I should have got a banana as I suffered on way home around the 50k mark. 

Some returned the way we left with others, myself included heading home via Portlaw and Kilmeaden. I finished with a 2:51:28 and a distance of 63.9 kilometres.....so not a bad 
morning.

That being said I was *%$£"^^£" which loosely translates to I was wrecked 
(tired for my US viewers) and could easily have gone to bed.
















After relaxing for the afternoon I started into today's planned 
exercise .....simple, how hard could it be, a few star jumps and high knees -
no bother to me. 

OMG I was only on the first set at the twenty 
part of the pyramid.....
1,2,3,4,5,6,7...8..9..10....11....14....15...16.......17.............18..........19.......
20 and then finished the first set. Up to two minutes rest between sets......
hey I needed twenty minutes. 

With two minutes taken....EXACTLY...

..the full allowed time, I completed the 3 sets, and I felt like
         
I still had the other exercises to do yet, planks and wall sits.
With my arms and legs shaking, they too got done but not a pretty
picture.

All in all and joking aside I had a great day and ate right again.





So for now..keep smiling :-)

2 comments:

  1. Aye, no need to tell you how important it is to refuel John.
    great effort and great blog.,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup I was trying to be good and maybe lose an extra pound.....but next time I'm eating the banana :-) Thanks Stephen

      Delete