Saturday 25 April 2015

41 Days Until Trip - Day 118 of Training / Diet


And before some smart ass say's it, no it's not a self portrait :-)

This morning I headed down to meet up with club (The Biscuit Road Cycling Club) for Saturday club spin and was feeling up for a 100k and if not 80k. I planned to go out with club and then just head off and do the rest......but like life, plans often change.

When I got there we had a lot of members and by the time we left there was 50+ members which was great to see.....all of varying levels.....nothing that would frighten Alexander Kristoff or Peter Sagan but enough to cover all types of leisure cyclists.
Off we headed for a spin taking in the local countryside out towards Tramore  and away from it and back towards Fenor and Tramoe again for a break and then back home. It was a spin of around 50k for most of us, give or take a few depending on where you travelled from. 

The route was draggy and lumpy and the route that helps you improve the most.

To clarify.....to a fit cyclist who can climb, today's route was just a series of the odd little bump, but to someone like myself, yes you're right , elite cyclist, who may not be the best at climbing, today was lumpy and draggy.....may not be real words, but either was Google at one time too :-)

Now for the reason for the main picture......you have to listen to your body, and today I had to. On the first part of the  cycle I felt great but then as I was heading out of Tramore a long the Glen Road, my legs died, I just couldn't get up the slightest drag at all, as for the flats, no bother, but any drag...not a chance (I just had to go up them slowly). I even turned around to head back to Tramore at one stage but then I met some of the others and went around with them. 
Am I disappointed.........of course not. Sure my last cycle was last night and I was only home for 20:30. Ok I didn't get the 100 I planned but I still was out on the bike today, time and kilometres done so happy. There's always another day to do more. So listen to your body and if you feel you really need to rest then ignore the gobshites that might say you're a wuss and relax......I'm a happy to be a wuss  :p
So that's it for today as I'm off to have a lazy day and evening.

Keep smiling :-)



.





No comments:

Post a Comment