Friday 10 April 2015

56 Days Until Trip - Day 103 of Training / Diet

Getting Close
Got my maps the other day and the trip is starting to look more realistic now and I'm looking forward to it. To be honest I'm nervous about it too but once I hit the road and catch ferry I'm sure the nerves will disappear then.......roll on June 5th :-)

For those of you who would like to follow more of the route I plan to take, click here - La Vélodyssée (part of Eurovelo 1) and for more details on all Eurovelo routes throughout Europe click here Eurovelo routes.

With the weather being good this week I've managed to get out again
yesterday and today. Over the last few spins I've really pushed very hard and yesterday I managed my best 1 hour average in a few years.....28kph which felt great although a a big drag and a few small drags brought that crashing down by end of spin....I was delighted.

That being said it's not about averages overall, it's about enjoying your spin and I can say over the last few weeks I've found my love for cycling again.

Yesterdays route was out the dual carriageway towards Kilmeaden, across Portlaw Road to Fiddown and on to Piltown and up to Templelorum across to Mullinavat and back home.

Was with my friend Michael H and we did push it very hard although the usual drags and climbs killed me but I'm doing much better than what I have been.

Today I was out with another friend, Olive C and we headed out Orchardstown X to Tramore and obviously one must stop for tea, where we met up with another a friend Deirdre H.....two hot chocolates later and maybe an hour too we headed back home. Today I used the beast (touring bike) as I hadn't being out for a while so was good to back on it. You would notice the weight difference though :-)


All in all training is going ok and diet wise I'm not doing too bad either. That's it for today, enjoy your day

Keep smiling :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment