Saturday 30 May 2015

6 Days Until Trip - Day 153 of Training / Diet


I'm finally into the single digits with only 6 days to go :-) brilliant !

A question  I get asked the most often about the trip is how do I feel about it. To be honest as I've said before it's still excitement and nervousness but no matter what, it's happening on Friday and I'll deal with things then.

Some people are concerned that I might overdo it.....hmm, with a body shape like mine, do you really think I'll overdo it :-) I'm built for comfort not speed lol. I'll do what I can, and if I want to, if not, I'll hop on a train. It's a holiday with a challenge, but note I said holiday first.


Then there's another question and that is, how did I do on the weight loss. Now I did slip on my diet over the last two weeks AND I'm back on coca cola after been off it for three years and, ha no more ands.

I'm down two stone, not the four like I would have liked but when I get back I'll break the cola habit again and work on losing the rest. I'm delighted with what I've lost though.

I'm going to enjoy my holiday and the ice cold cola (colas) after my spin each day....well there's nothing better than it on a hot sunny day.



Over the last week I took it handy with a nice spin on Tuesday with a few nice hills 65+ k. I've given myself a rest from the beast also and won't be on her again until the trip.

The Beast got her bitch slap done and now she's in for a service, just to be sure.


Bike almost ready, and panniers ready to be packed, I'm looking good to go. Maybe I should have selected the bike caravan :-), what you think?





This morning I was out for my last club spin and again a 65+ k spin.and was great craic when I got to the tea stop......they
presented me with a gift, a French horn....very funny :-) :-)

What more do I need for my trip.......thanks guys :-)

Keep smiling :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment