Monday 16 February 2015

109 Days Until Trip - Day 50 of Training / Diet

















Days 44 to 50

Well the weeks are rolling by fast and we're already half way through February, so won't be long before I head into the less than 100 days to go.....scary. 

Was very happy with how things went this week albeit.....body weight exercises have gone by the wayside......hmmm might try them again in a few weeks.

I got in a few spins this week and all on the "beast" as I call my touring bike (it feels like a ton weight).

Here's Wednesday's Spin


but Saturday was the one that made feel like I'm starting to get back to where I used to be. I was on a high after cycle and wasn't too sore which was great too :-)




















and I finished week off with a shorter spin



















I have been asked a few times about my weight loss how was I doing it with a regular weight loss.

Basically as I explained a few posts back my marble jars in my kitchen are a daily reminder of where I am and if I binge out, I'll have to take a marble from lost back into the other jar which isn't worth it as it's hard enough to lose.

I also tend to have food prepared in fridge, usually chicken or boiled eggs and if I'm hungry (no matter what the time) I go and have something. I also drink a lot of water so if I am feeling hungry, it usually means I genuinely am.


And another trick is a book I was advised to get by a friend which has pictures of various foods and their portion size and breakdown of calories etc, which is another visual aid for me.....you'll be surprised by what you think a healthy portion is.



 Availabe
 The Book Centre, Waterford €19.99 or Book Depository website €15.40

Oh I almost forgot.....I was down another 2.3 lbs last week giving me a new weight loss of 12.1 lbs to date......yippee !

Slow and steady wins the race :-)


Take care, keep smiling :-)
__________________________________________________________________________________
 Weight Loss Last Wk: 2.3 lb -  Weight Loss To date (7 wks): 12.1 lbs  - Remaining:  43.9 lbs








No comments:

Post a Comment